THE OLIVE TREE – DID YOU KNOW THESE USES FOR THE FRUIT AND LEAVES OF THIS TREE
OLIVE TREE: EARLY CULTIVATION AND USES OF FRUIT & LEAVES OF THIS TREE
- Because the olive tree is only native to the Mediterranean basin, wild olives were collected by Neolithic peoples as early as the 8th millennium BC.
- Due to wild olive trees originating in Asia Minor and ancient Greece, Egyptians had to import olive oil from Crete, Syria and Canaan.
- As Olive oil was an important item of commerce and wealth before 2000 BC, remains of this oil have been found in ancient tombs 4,000 years old.
- Did you know there were so many uses for us
- Click above for a fun fact site regarding this little fruit
USES FOR OLIVE OIL
- It takes 7 kilograms of olives to make 1 Litre of Olive Oil.
- If you are watching your health, Olive Oil is Cholestrol, Sodium and Carbohydrate free.
- On average, Olive trees, can live to 300 to 600 years.
- Although all olives start out green, they go through different stages of red, dark purple then black as they ripen.
- The world consumes on average, 2 – 2.25 million tons of Olive Oil a year.
- Because Extra Virgin Olive Oil is healthy by itself, it is one of natures best kept beauty secrets.
- When Olive oil is used in beauty products it’s a multi-billion dollar business.
- Due to the health benefits of olive oil, it can help heal your internal cells as well as protecting the outer layer of skin from damage.
- This is a You Tube video of the life cycle of an Olive
Click on the picture to watch this video
USES FOR THE LEAVES OF THE OLIVE TREE
Because the leaves of the olive tree are great for the immune system, they are pressed and the extract from them made into health products.
If the leaves are dried and then crumbled to make a powder, they can be used as a tea.The leaves can be bitter, so you can sweeten the tea with honey.
As you can also buy the extract in capsules, make sure the ingredients are organic and pesticide free.
Because the leaves are great antioxidents, and have anti-inflamatory properties, they can help lower blood pressure & fight Cholestrol.
As a result, if you have a cold, it can be used to help the symptoms and even viruses.
TIP FROM SARAH, MY GRANDDAUGHTER
As a result, when Olive Oil is substituted for Butter in baking, it stays fresher for longer.
If you enjoyed this post, please leave your email address in the contact form below.
Because I have many successful natural recipies, I will send you ideas for household cleaners made from ingredients you may have in your kitchen.
As Your email address will be kept private, we will not give it to anyone else without your permission.